Thursday, March 17, 2011

MOMA

As one of the things to do while in ny, it was to visit a museum. With so many around, which and what to start with? An art museum it was... and modern art to be exact.

MOMA has an unparalleled view of modern/contemporary art - architecture, drawings, paintings, sculptures, photography, and even media. I must say some of these works do border on what is "acceptable" and what is "art". Disturbing to say the least...


Set comfortably out over 6 floors... plus an outside sculpture garden, there was plenty of work to go through. In the few hours I was there, I did manage to stroll throughout the whole place (although I didn't spend too much time at set areas like I should have).

Luckily during this time, there was a picasso guitar exhibition. A listing of most of pablo picasso's work with guitars/violins. His style of work is... distinct. After spending time in here, strolling through the remainder of the museum you could tell which other works were his even without looking at the tags/captions. Unfortunately no photos were allowed of his guitar exhibition...

A few famous selections of his works that I captured.

Les Demoiselles d'Avignon

Head of the Medical Student (Study for Les Demoiselles d'Avignon)
There's an option to become a member that allows for unlimited entries for the year... depending how I go with the remainder of the museums... I'm sure I could comfortably come back here to sit back and  admire all the different artworks. This was probably not something I saw myself doing or taking a liking to, but things are different here... very different.

Maybe it might be time to start collecting a few street vendor artworks and decorate my place =)

No comments:

Post a Comment